HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO JOIN THE AFRICAN MUSIC EDITORIAL TEAM AT APPLE MUSIC
If you are living in Johannesburg and are a music lover of African music this one is for you...
If you are someone who lives and breathes African artists and music then this is the chance of a life time for you. Apple music is looking for someone who knows everything from Afrobeats to Amapiano, from Gospel to House and everything in between. Someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about artists, music & genres from across the African continent. They are seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious applicant to join their year long program. Apple msuic has started the Apple Media Services Development Program which is a 12 month entry level program commencing in July 2021.
Here are some of the responsibilities you will have once you are accepted into the program:
- Identify trends and compile information from disparate sources to find insights that will help drive the business in various Sub-Saharan African markets
- Act as a liaison between the Apple Music team and the independent labels, artists and artist managers across the continent.
- Track and collate weekly pitches from labels and partners. - Generate ideas for content campaigns that will surprise and delight our customers.
- Curate and programme our Sub-Saharan Africa genre pages and playlists, to ensure that we present music to our subscribers that is fresh, impactful, meaningful, culturally relevant, highly compelling and engaging.
- Support the Apple Music team and the lyrics team to ensued that various tracks on playlists have lyrics.
This is a huge opportunity for music lovers based in Johannesburg and you can apply for the position on applemusic.com