HERE ARE 6 THINGS WE LEARNED FROM THE AKA x SOBERING PODCAST SIT DOWN
AKA does his first podcast ever with the custodians of South African Hip Hop The Sobering Podcast...
It's been two years since AKA has done an interview and he couldn't have picked a better platform to sit with the custodians of South African Hip Hop The Sobering Podcast. It was an amazing 2 hour conversation where they cover everything from his early Entity days, his beef with Cassper Nyovest, how he has found peace dealing with tragedy, his new album and much much more. Here are 6 things we learned from his sit down with the Sobering Podcast.
1) He says that he was he genesis of the new age Kwaito sound that was the backbone of contemporary South Africa Hip Hop. From the beats he was making for Khuli Chana with Ivy League to all the house samples he was using on his sophmore album Levels. He says he defined the sound of rap and he is here to remind everyone that he set the current BPM.
2) He has been beefing with Cassper Nyovest so long that he doesn't even remember how it originally stared.He is not proud of some his moments like when he swore at Cassper's parents and he feels he was out of line and appologised for it. He seems to be in a clearer space in his life and doesn't have any issues with Cassper right now.
3) He ended up working with Burna Boy on "All Eyes on me" because Benza from Vth Season is the one who suggesed him.
4) His deal with Cruze Vodka is coming to an end this summer and he will be dropping his own liqour brand as well.
5) His new album is called Mass Country and his first single is called "Lemons Lemonade" feauring Nasty C and will be out on the 16th of Sepember.
5) He is going into the legal marijuana business and is a partner with the The Green Side weed dispensary company. He even plans to release his own strain of weed very soon.